Sacred Encounters
I sense something when it rains.
When the coolness comes & the sky is dark.
It cracks and booms loudly.
There is something bigger than me,
All around me, inspiring me.
Looking at the tall cliff,
Sparkling, flowing water lying beneath.
Giant trees looming above.
I'm in awe, I feel so small.
There is something bigger than me,
All around me, inspiring me.
Hearing giggles and watching smiling faces,
As they swing back and forth, back and forth.
They look like each other, they look like us.
Such beauty, innocence, pure happiness.
There is something bigger than me,
All around me, inspiring me.
Feeling sick, yet more so feeling the tenderness of a mother.
Singing and gently scratching my back.
Such pain & sorrow in their eyes,
Yet so much confidence that Love is near.
You, God, are bigger than me.
You are all around me, inspiring me.
No comments:
Post a Comment