Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Party

Little things that have made me smile lately:

*I showed Toby some Yoga poses yesterday, that was fun.

*Elliana took a nap on a blanket outside of Jamba Juice while I drank a smoothie and read a book for over an hour! That was a sweet gift for me!

*Meeting Faye at the mall. She is an elderly lady who has a heart condition and so she walks around the mall every morning. I think she may also have some dementia. :) We had a funny conversation. It made me miss my grandparents though.

*Speaking of elderly people, I showed up to the wrong Yoga class today at the Y. Everyone was over 50. I did a power yoga class yesterday that made me really sore, so I stayed and enjoyed the gentle stretching. The best part was when we were on all fours with our arms stretched out. We then turned our heads and put our cheeks to the ground and me and another lady were then looking right at each other all curled up strangely on the ground. And she was in her 70's!!!! I want to be doing Yoga when I'm in my 70's. And I want to meet my girlfriends daily at the mall to exercise.

We went to the Pumpkin Patch Party (aka, the Baptist version of a Halloween Party) at Toby's school last night.


Toby was a cute green M&M






Elliana was a sweet pink unicorn





the inflatable slide was their favorite part!






Toby fished for candy then tried the roller racer. He couldn't quite get the coordination down, so it was pretty frustrating for him.





can you tell that elliana is ready to go home?

4 comments:

  1. that unicorn costume is too much! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raegan says she and Bubba love Toby the M&M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they make unicorn outfits for grown up Ellies?

    Also, Steph, I wanted you to know that I enjoy and admire your struggle. I am very glad we are doing this together. I love your heart and I am honored and grateful to be allowed to see it. I want to be walking malls with you in fifty years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize ahead of time for this strange email but I was googling power yoga, waco, and your blog came up. I have lived in waco for about a year now and have been trying to find a true power yoga class. If you happen to know of one, I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks,
    Lori
    loridean@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete