Thursday, April 30, 2009

scattered thoughts

these are from Farm Day

Ok, lets be honest. David has yet to post something on our blog since its beginning a couple years ago. We are lucky if he checks his email or voice mail. It has actually been "the scoop from the farmer's wife in waco" I thought about that being the new title for the blog, but decided against it. It puts some pressure on my to give you the scoop. I would rather talk to you in person or on the phone to give you the scoop. So this blog is just going to be thoughts, observations, pictures and so on, posted randomly. (which is what i'm already doing, haha)

We found a snake on the road right in front of our house. A big snake. It was not moving. We threw rocks at it, and it still didn't move. So we thought that it was dead. David got a rake and was going to toss it over the fence. He struck the ground right in front of the snake one more time to make sure that it was dead...you guessed it...it was ALIVE! He hissed, reared his head, then slithered off into the brush. Yikes!

This humid, rainy weather is wonderful for Elliana's hair. She has ringlets. Again, I'm so jealous!

Lately I've noticed how hilarious Toby is. I can't think of any quotes at the moment, but as I remember them I'll try to post them. Man, he just makes me laugh. I was noticing him as we were walking out of church the other day. We picked him up from his class and were walking down the long hallway to the door. There were several other kids walking out holding their parents hands as well. So as we're walking he is singing loudly, jumping like a frog, then telling himself a story, then shooting invisible dinosaurs. I look around at the other kids and parents and they are just walking quietly. ha! As much as I wish sometimes that Toby would just be quiet, calm, and compliant; He is Toby! 150% boy. Rowdy, energetic, silly, aggressive, he picks his nose, loves to play fight with david, falls down for fun... yet he is sweet. He likes to please me. He asks me to marry him daily. When he is in a really good mood he tells me things like, "I'll sing you a song before you go to bed, mommy" "today is your birthday, mom, I'll make you cupcakes and buy you a new Kung Fu Panda toy." "i'll make you dinner, its your favorite, strawberry cake!"
wow, I love that boy!

On tuesdays I take all the kids to school. Well this past tuesday its raining, Sarah and I load them up in the Mercedes. I notice as we are driving down the path that the windshield wiper is acting funny. So I catch David in the garden and he looks at it then decides that he needs one little part that is in the truck. So I try to turn the car around to drive up to the truck and I get stuck in the mud. Five other farmers come over and try to push it out but to no avail. So David runs up the path back to our house and drives the truck down for us. We transfer all four kids, carseats, napmats, lunches and stuffed animals to the truck while its raining on us. We get just a bit down the highway and we run out of desiel. Oh, yeah. But perfect timing. I exit and there is a gas station right there. I put it in nuetral and coast into the station and over to the deseil pump, all without power steering. I think I win the super-mommy award for that day!

I am a certified Zumba instructor now! Zumba is "latin based fitness dance" I teach my first class this monday. woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph--I enjoy reading your little blogs...always full of life, real and encouraging. I love hearing about the kids' adventures and all their kind-hearted deeds.Congrads on Zumba...sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew your inner dancer was coming out soon...it was just a matter of time! :) Love you and all of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete