Monday, May 4, 2009

elli's babies




I preface this with, I realize that this sounds charismatic and sort of silly. But, I wanted to share our observation. Our neighbor girls have lots of dolls. Most of them end up in the common room that both families share. We have a trunk of toys in there that is usually filled with baby dolls and blankets and such. Between all of the girls we have several cabbage patch dolls, strawberry shortcake, Rainbow Bright and other pretty dolls. But most of the time Elliana chooses to carry around one of these old, rugged and not so pretty babies. None of them have clothes on. They have marker and crayon scribbles on them. One (not pictured) has a band-aid stain on her forehead from years ago. I don't know if she chooses them on purpose or not, but its fun to think that maybe she does. Maybe she has the gift of mercy, like her daddy. Maybe she has compassion for the unloved. Maybe she sees that they aren't pretty in comparison to the others, so she chooses them. Maybe she will work with the outcasts of society, the poor and marginalized someday.... Whether she does all this or not, its good to be reminded through her actions of God's love for us. And to remember that He loves all people.

1 comment:

  1. amen...yay Ellie :) She is a tender little lover so I totally see those things being true of her and would love to learn to be like Christ and Ellie! Give her a kiss from us!

    ReplyDelete