Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MOPS & roots



playing soccer in the front yard with the cows watching










I recently joined MOPS. I resisted for awhile, but a friend finally convinced me and I'm enjoying it. My small group, the monkeys, had a play date this morning. The lady's house where we met was amazing! She has a 5 year old, 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old and a baby. They had every toy imaginable, everything was kid proofed and/or locked that needed to be and there was a huge log cabin playhouse in their backyard. So needless to say, Toby and Elliana had a wonderful time! It was fun to talk to some other moms. It's crazy how much we all had in common just because we were stay-at-home-moms. And of course they were all fascinated that we lived on a farm and now want to bring their kids out to harvest some veggies and feed the animals. Even though I grew up in suburbia being on the farm for almost 4 years now makes me forget that its not normal to have livestock living down the road or to have to wear rain boots every time you walk to the car. Or to expect your husband to be late coming home on Wednesday's because he is milking the goats. Or to hear the tractor humming and or the roosters crowing. ha!

I died my hair dark brown today. I tried blond this summer and it never quite looked right. So I died it all brown but since then it has faded into dark roots and some blondish chunks. I've just been ignoring it because, well, I dont know, just one more thing to do I guess. But my dad made a comment about my roots showing the other day. haha, I didnt know my dad even knew about roots! So that spurred to me go get the dye and put it in today. So hopefully it wont fade as fast this time.

Another fun thing, I caught a cold. So I'm blowing my nose every couple minutes. Yuck.

We made some sausage stuffed acorn squash last night for dinner and it was so yummy!

Ok, enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm so glad you finally joined MOPS! I know you'll enjoy being around other moms. What church?

    Pics of your hair?

    ReplyDelete