Thursday, September 24, 2009

laundry

why is it so hard to do laundry? I can wash and even transfer to the dryer but then I end up with piles that need to be folded. And the longer they are there it becomes questionable as to whether they are clean or not. So then I resolve not to wash any more until I put the clean away. Which results in a giant pile of dirty laundry. I moved our current pile to the living room last night so I could sort it all. But then I got caught up making dinner and never sorted it.

Side note: we've been on a pasta kick lately. We made some homemade pasta last week and it was just amazing. We all, including the kids, had about 3 bowls full. So last night we experimented with some half whole wheat ravioli filled with cheese. It took a little longer to make and in the end it was alright. It just couldn't beat the bread flour and egg pasta from last week.

Anyway, after dinner time turned into David throwing pillows at Elliana and Toby as they jump on and hide in the giant dirty laundry pile. They loved it! They would laugh and squeal as they get hit with a pillow then throw it back to him and plead, "do it again Daddy!" Then as David stopped throwing the pillows after a long while, they started wrestling and jumping on each other. haha, I'm laughing just picturing how cute they are.

Oh and it should be noted that last night Elliana put a blue bandanna on her head, a long sleeve pink shirt, panties, no pants of course because she doesn't like them and only wears them when we make her which is every time we go in public of course, and then she had striped leg warmers on her chubby little legs. I tried to take her picture but she ran away. lol

Watching them play together lately makes us so glad that we had them so close together. Yes those first 6 months were crazy! But they are best buds now. They entertain eachother and have so much fun together. Ellie is such a good playmate for Toby. He is naturally a leader and chooses which games to play. Most of the time she just follows his lead and enjoys whatever game he chooses. And when I say, "game" I'm referring to things like, pretending to play school, or teaching Zumba, or fixing the tractor, or buying things from HEB on the cash register, running around like dinosaurs, hunting dragons, being a knight and a princess, etc. But, sometimes Ellie will say, "no, I dont want to do that. I'm a kitty cat." And then change the game. Toby can be bossy but he knows that he cant make Ellie do what he wants so he has learned to follow her lead sometimes. Its so good for him because he wants to be the leader all the time. And she doesn't get upset with him for leading, she likes to follow.
I was asked again yesterday by a lady next to us in line at the store if they were twins. Its surprising how often I'm asked that. Toby is definitely taller than her. But they do look alike and they act like little besties.

Thats all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment