If I am leaving the house by myself:
8:25 am Look at clock and realize that its time to go.
Grab my purse, coffee and keys and walk out the door to the truck.
8:26 Start engine and drive away.
A typical Tuesday morning taking the kids to preschool:
8:25am everyone has shoes and jackets on, lunch boxes in hand. "ok kids lets go!"
"wait, there's something in my shoe!"
"i need to put a blanket on my baby first"
"can i bring ____ with me to school?"
"can i have a piece of gum?"
8:30am we make it out the door and attempt to walk 7 yards to the truck
"wait there is something in my shoe again!"
"mommy, will you hold me?"
"hey, i have a great idea...."
"oh look, my soccer ball!"
"come on lets get in the truck! Ellie can you climb in please?"
"why does ellie always go first?"
"will you hold me?"
8:35 we are in the truck and starting to buckle up
"i can do it myself! i'm a big girl!"
"i can't do it!"
"hey i have a great idea..."
"i'm thirsty!"
"after school lets..."
8:39 we are buckled in!
I sit in the driver's seat, buckle up and shut the door. Doesn't latch, I can see some daylight poking through near the top. I try again pulling harder this time.
I let out a small grunt out of frustration.
"mommy whats wrong?"
"do we need a new door!"
"i can fix it!"
SLAM! ok, the door is securely shut. I feel like I'm forgetting something. hmm...
"guys, i forgot my ____ (phone, or coffee, or water bottle, etc.) "Ok i'll be right back!"
run inside and find whatever it is that i forgot. run back outside and get in truck.
8:42ish and we are finally off to school!
I loved this - made me laugh! It's so hard to get anywhere on time with kids! And once baby #3 is here you'll be adding...."Then we were all buckled up in the car and ready to go and I heard 'the noise' and Baby#3 had a blowout diaper!"
ReplyDeleteI just laughed out loud picturing all of that :) Too funny... I feel the same way and I only have one!
ReplyDelete