Tuesday, June 29, 2010

happy

i really feel like a mom today. the older two caught some mild stomach bug. that translates to I've been wiping bottoms, cleaning up throw up, and washing sheets and clothes! plus asha spit up on my shoulder this morning. not enough that i should change my shirt immediately, just enough that i forget that its there until i get a little wiff every once in awhile.

but being a mom is still great! :)

they are all down for "rest time" now. i have david gray playing. i'm about to shower and fold some laundry. i find myself really happy these days. i LOVE having a baby in the house again. i'm exercising regularly which makes me feel great. i like the flow our family has currently. i love who toby and elliana are becoming. now that david and i are finished watching battlestar galactica we find ourselves enjoying a glass of wine on our porch after the kids are in bed. and someday soon we can sit in our new porch swing that david is building us!


just for laughs:

yesterday after rest time toby said, "mom, I have a really really really good idea!" "I'll take my shirt off and you can paint me like an Indian!" haha, so thats what we did. I painted a flying dragon blowing fire on toby's chest and a pig face on ellie.

after ellie woke up from a nap the other day she groggily walked down the hall towards me. I asked her if i could hold her for a little bit. she nodded. so i picked her up and we hugged for a little while. then i asked her if i could still hold her when she was four. she nodded yes. then i asked, "what about when you are 5, can i still hold you then?" she said, "I'll let you know."


1 comment:

  1. i love this post!!! Yay steph...and can I just say that David is my favorite in this pic! His hair is the greatest and I can just imagine his groggy self happily saying goodmorning to the kids as he rubs his head and drinks coffee...can we please hang out all of us soon?????

    ReplyDelete