Friday, August 27, 2010

Kindergarten

Even more shocking, my little Toby is now in KINDERGARTEN!!!

And he is loving it! After dropping him off on Monday, as expected, I cried! I couldn't really put words to why I was crying...I was full of so many emotions. My little boy is in real school! I'm so proud of him, and happy for him and excited for all the new things is going to experience and learn. Plus scared for when someone hurts his feelings, or leaves him out or if he has a hard time learning something new. And I miss him!

When I picked him up after school, I asked him how it went. He replied, "it was awesome, mom!" Yeah!! I'm so glad he is enjoying school! Our routine this week has been to come home and give each other a "monster hug." Then we eat fruit snacks and chat about his day. He loves getting to go to art class, and eat in the lunchroom, and play on computers!

He is getting tired though. He was grumpy after school yesterday, ha! But each morning he is excited to go back. And he tells everyone that he is in kindergarten now.

So even though I'm sad/happy that he is growing up, the first week of school has been as good as it could be!


Toby picks out his own clothes each day. And since the first day of school was special he chose these pants and rolled them up so he would look, "cool"! uh...






Isn't this a great picture of Toby? I think this shows off his personality perfectly!

3 comments:

  1. STEPH!!! how is Toby in school already...he is frozen at 3 in my mind. I am so happy he is loving school. And where is your blue truck??? Did you guys get a new car? Miss you and we wish we could have been there to celebrate Toby...if only we were still neighbors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he is in KINDERGARTEN! I'm so glad he is loving it! Which school? SO fun! Way to go, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! He's so big! And did you guys get new wheels? Are you rockin' the suburban??

    ReplyDelete