our digital camera stopped working towards the end of our california vacation. so after being mad about that for a few days, we bought two disposables so that we could at least take pictures of the wedding. since its still under warranty, we are able to send it back to sony and get it fixed. but that means that we dont have a camera right now to take pictures. i really want to film and post video of our little elliana...she is walking!! she takes more and more steps each day. this morning she walked back and forth around the house. she doesn't want to stop and play with toys, she just walks and falls down, then keeps walking some more. its so fun to watch her. we've noticed that toby and elli are taking greater interest in each other. maybe because she is walking? they play together and chase each other and laugh at one another.
after work on friday, david brought home a 3 day old baby goat. we named him Indie. he was really weak and not nursing from his mom. so we tried to bottle feed him every hour or so. we made him a bed in a rubbermaid tub. he was so cute, but obviously sick. he slept most of the evening. he was one of triplets. sadly, this morning he never woke up. if my camera worked, i would post a picture of elliana drinking her bottle of goat milk right next to Indie drinking out of his bottle. CS Lewis hints that animals are in heaven in his book, "The Great Divorce." I like that picture.
one exciting thing; David scored a goal at his soccer game today! woohoo! go david! we wont tell you the score though. all that matters is that he scored a goal. (7 to 1)
does anyone have any good meatball recipes?
I didn't know about the baby goat... thats sad. I guess maybe we will have to pass on Patricks (or Davids?)name later.
ReplyDeleteAnd totally fine about the other day. I figured as much. Becca was a bit of a Godsend. Makes up for me keeping your truck for so long, I guess.
super sad for the camera. glad for the warranty. wish i had a meatball recipe...miss your face.
ReplyDeleteDustin and I had a conversation about genetically modified food the other day (we ate at a restaurant touting no GM food products). It made us miss you two.
soooo fun seeing you on Saturday! And funny - we actually had meatballs to put out that night and I forgot with everything else going on! This is the easiest.. easiest.. and oh - easiest recipe and EVERYBODY loves them!
ReplyDeleteAll you do is put a bag of meatballs (I get mine from sams and use 1/2 the bag) in a slow cooker. Then pour a jar of grape jelly and then a jar of chili sauce on top. (chili sauce is next to the ketchup at HEB and is also made by Heinz).. let it sit until it all mixes together. They are incredible!
Im not sure if its exactly what you were looking for because its more of a finger food/appetizer and I use store bought meatballs .. but its so easy & yummy I had to share!
I love your children!! your pictures are wonderful and the perfect way you describe what they do and say gives me such a vivid picture of them (of course, you're their mother!) I always am laughing out loud, grinning and clutching at my heart every time i read about these babies! We need to hang out (of course) but I need to see those kids too!
ReplyDelete