Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Earth

We took the kids to see The Earth movie at the dollar theater on Saturday. Wow! As I was watching I realized that I had seen some of the scenes before, which I believe are from the Planet Earth series. But, wow. I was in such awe. I kept hearing my self think, "God, I'm amazed by you." We actually sang that song in church this morning.

You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
How You love me

How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me

The song made so much more sense after seeing the movie. I felt like the huge waterfalls, the glaciers, the forests, the jungles, the deep ocean; these are ways that He dances over us and sings to us. The earth is scary. It is dangerous. But it was so so beautiful. I felt so small watching the movie, but also so loved. There was just so much beauty to see. The crazy looking birds deep in the rain forest that cleaned up their homes and danced for each other, wow! There is so much life that happens beyond us. We are only a small part of the world. It was crazy watching the cranes flying south over the Himalayas for the winter get swept up into the air by the swirling warm winds. crazy! I realize the movie was supposed to be for the kids, but I was moved by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment