Friday, July 10, 2009

elliana quotes




we were sitting at the table eating breakfast this morning when elliana said, "I'm sorry your tummy hurts."

steph: "oh, my tummy doesn't hurt"
elliana: "i'm sorry my tummy hurts."
steph: "oh, ok, well i'm sorry sweetie"
elliana: "i just need to rest. I just need to rest in your lap right now."

she then climbs down from her chair and with a big grin comes and sits on my lap, as if she is saying "i fooled you into holding me!" ha!

So i'm holding her and we are chatting about different things. And I say, "I love you, Elli, you know that right?"

Elliana: "(nods her head) uh huh
Steph: "do you know who else loves you?"
Elliana: "Daddy. and Mommy. and Daddy."
Steph: "do you think Toby loves you?"
Elliana: "um...maybe. (pause) maybe he lubs me a lot."

I love our sweet little conversations!

When i picked her up from preschool yesterday, both her teachers excitedly told me how Elli had cracked them up during the day. She told them that her mommy does zumba. and you should shake your hips. she also told them that her daddy was on the farm and his body hurts. (she heard us talk about a doctors appointment that morning) She told them to get there swimsuits on because we were going swimming after school. When they laughed and said that they weren't swimming she told them that they were silly. :)

The picture at the top is Elliana on her first day of preschool.

1 comment: