Saturday, April 26, 2008

lauren hill

"I know that a lot of the content in the songs is very heavy, you know. But, fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need. And I just retired from the fantasy part."
-Lauren Hill

I watched Lauren Hill's MTV Unplugged performance again this morning. Wow. I would love to sit down and talk with her. Just like she said, her songs are heavy. I was encouraged by her new found freedom in just being who God made her to be.

Toby is playing guitar and watching the video right now. He LOVES to play guitar lately. His favorite things are playing guitar, the tractor, soccer, exploring the farm and helping fix the truck. Does that sound familiar?? I'm sure this is typical for little boys, but he loves what David loves! I just realized this the other day. He plays with me all day but his interests are the same as Davids. I think its so sweet. He wants to be like his daddy. :) David is a great Daddy in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously I will still come to see you. And I will drag Jessica with me. This farm is changing so quickly. It kind of hurts my heart a little. How do you stand it?

    ReplyDelete