Thursday, September 3, 2009

last weekend

so you were probably wondering where we've been? no we haven't moved to another country yet. blogging just seems to be the last thing on my priority list. i had a conversation with my sister earlier about how she blogs so that one day she can show her two girls what life was like when they were little. I like that concept. An electronic baby book of sorts. I haven't printed a picture or added anything to Ellie's (yes I'm spelling Ellie with an "e" now) scrapbook since she was one. Now she is almost 2 and 1/2! So all that to say, I might try to post more info about the kids and our lives on this here blog-a-roo. It does sound fun to be able to look back and see what we were doing and feeling.

Last weekend we went to the Haven River Inn in good 'ol Comfort, Texas. We met 7 other families there for a really great long weekend. They are all old friends from our home church days in Bryan. We met at the Haven last year too. But somehow David and I got a little lost trying to find it this summer. We kept changing what route we were taking in order to avoid traffic. Then we were about 15 minutes away and we were looking for this one country road to hit I10 and it never did. So we went 15 minutes past the correct exit, realized what we did then went 15 minutes back the other direction. Then we realized we were running out of deisel so after a frustrating hour we found the correct street and made it there late Thursday evening.

The rest of the weekend was wonderful! We got to catch up and enjoy being with some close friends. Some we see every few months and some we only see about once a year. There were 13 little ones running, crawling, acting like dinosaurs, swimming, trying to share toys, playing hide and seek, and all being so cute. And I forgot to take a single picture! The funniest part of the weekend was the preying mantis story. David still laughs telling how funny it was that it actually landed on Ryan's shoulder!

No comments:

Post a Comment