Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tres Bambinos!

other exciting news...

I'm 8 weeks pregnant! woohoo! yes, we planned it. yes, we are super excited!

and i'm right in the middle of food aversions and nausea. yuck. I actually felt fine last weekend. But riding in the car 4 hours on the way home started the nausea again and it didn't leave or ease up until yesterday. I'm trying to figure out why I felt ok then and not now. I forgot my prenatal vitamins while I was there so its possible they are contributing to my yuckiness. Plus the hotel provided breakfast for us each morning then all the families took turns cooking. So I had a big meal put in front of me 3 times a day plus all the snacks I could want. So I didn't have a problem eating. Back home everything, yes everything, sounds gross. I went to the store and bought all the typical snacks; plain crackers, pretzels, almonds, jello, but of course now they dont sound good to eat.

But we are managing. Monday and Tuesday were awful. We didn't leave the house. The kids watched hours of PBS while I napped off and on. David came home and fed us lunch then put the kids down for their naps. He did laundry, dishes, made dinner. He is amazing! I am so thankful for him! Wednesday I got some ginger pills (thanks for the idea, Clara!) and they seem to have helped some. So today is better.

Of course, even with all this morning sickness, I'm so thankful and happy to be pregnant! Who is this baby going to be? What are they going to bring to our family? Will it be a boy or girl? Will they have David's blue eyes?

I'm due April 10th. :)

Last nightI dreamed about eating a cake with some really yummy icing. I think I might make one in the next few days. We are currently re-watching Season 5 of The Office. And the episode we watched last night was the Valentine's blood drive. In one of the scenes they are eating cake at the Lonely Hearts party. Haha, thats probably where my cake craving came from.

I also love the smell of our grapefruit hand soap. I dont want to eat a grapefruit, but I enjoy washing my hands.

And one more exciting thing, my shorts wouldnt button! I love the baby bump! I'm excited for it to grow!

My sweet friend just surprised me and stopped by with an iced coffee from Starbucks! So I'm going to read and enjoy this yummy gift!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! Very exciting for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAY! We're so excited to see who this little baby Cole is going to be! We love him/her already! So sorry you're not feeling well - hang in there friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ay! What news!! We are so excited. I am going to call you soon. Where did the last four months go? Miss you lots and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is super exciting news. My husband son and I are moving back to Austin! We are super excited. Hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness goodness goodness!!!! Steph! I am so happy for you and your sweet family! WOW! And happy late b-day to you and Toby (last month)if I remember correctly. I just have this huge smile on right now. You are such a good mama.
    Ok, hope you feel better.
    Hope to see you guys soon.
    Also, L still talks about Toby and Elli. But he always says Elianna, or is it Elliana?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yall are so sweet. thanks for be excited with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I cant wait to tell Freeland when he gets home from class!!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!!! Your always so cute preggo!!! Im sure your little bump is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steph, Congrats to you guys. So, exciting. I love my baby bump too...for sure I know something is happening. Hope you get to feeling more yourself quickly!!

    ReplyDelete