well I so wish that I had brought my camera with me. yesterday afternoon we helped david move about 50 small chickens from one coop to another. they aren't baby chicks, but they aren't full grown chickens yet. first david and another farmer reached into the old coop and caught a few chickens. next they turned them upside down and handed them to us by their feet. Ellie was delighted from the start! She giggled and bravely held the chicken upside down and walked down the path a little ways, and around the corner and put/threw the chicken into the new coop. I kept giggling too watching her be so exicted about holding chickens.
"mommy, i lub holding chickens!"
toby's first chicken was a fiesty one which scared him. so he hung out with david while elliana and I walked the chickens back and forth. then after some encouraging toby found some courage within himself and bravely started carrying chickens with us to the new coop! I was so proud of him! Overcoming your fears is hard.
we all had chicken poop on our hands and mud on our shoes and pants. I have to admit that I was a little squirmy and a little afraid that they would lift their heads up and peck my hand. and i dont love being dirty and walking through mud. but we really did have fun!
after they were all in their new home the kids helped fill their feeders with corn. david and toby finished securing the coop while ellie and i walked to the ed building to wash our hands. then we went to the garden and harvested some spinach and lettuce so we could make a salad for dinner.
after the boys were finished we put our bags of veggies in the back of their power weels jeep and the kids drove up the path to our house with david and i walking behind them.
farm fun!
I'm always very jealous of your farm lives. -lorne
ReplyDelete