Friday, February 5, 2010
Who says sugar doesn't affect kids?!
A few weeks ago,(the day that I straightened Ellie's hair as you can tell from the video) we were driving back home from something, I can't remember now, and we passed Katie's Custard. David mentioned how that sounded good. But we kept driving because it was late and the kids needed to go to bed. Then my pregnancy cravings kicked in and I couldn't stop thinking about how good ice cream would taste. Finally I blurted out that I really wanted some ice cream. By this time we were only a few exits from our house and the only ice cream place left was a Sonic. David reminded me that every time I get ice cream like this I take a few bites then decide that I don't want it anymore. But I convinced him that this time it was different because I was pregnant and just had to have it! Well we couldn't order ice cream for just me, so David got a vanilla cone (boring!) and we let the kids split a cup of vanilla. When we got home they finished their ice cream and put their jammies on. The next thing I know I look over and they are both crazy dancing! Toby is sort of jumping and pretending he is a dinosaur. What is Ellie doing?! She loves to dance but we have never seen her dance like this before! haha Sort of a hippie/headbanger style. We thought it was too funny so I ran and got the camera and captured the funny effects of ice cream right before bedtime!
And by the way, I ate four or five bites of my ice cream and couldn't handle the sweetness. I just need to accept that I only like a little bit of ice cream. I definitely like sweets, I could eat a whole pan of brownies or a whole blackberry pie. But I just dont like ice cream as much. So David was right :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment