Wednesday, March 30, 2011

high maintenance


Who me?

Sure she looks cute with blackberries all over herself. But she has crossed over. No longer quiet and sweet baby.

She has a small window of time when she is content to just be. The other 95% of her day she is either sleeping, eating or wants to be held and entertained. What happened to my third child that could entertain herself?!

She arches her back and fusses when it's time to get in her car seat. She will only tolerate being in the stroller if its constantly moving and a short period of time. She wants to open every cabinet and drawer and take everything out. If one of her older siblings takes something out of her hands that she is not allowed to have, she screams at them. She is a picky eater! It seems like she picks one item at each meal that she likes. She tries them all one time. Then decides that she only wants sweet potatoes. So she throws everything else on the floor. But the next time she may throw the sweet potatoes on the floor and only eat black beans.

None of this is new behavior to our family. She is the third child! But so soon? She's not even one year old yet!

The Ross King song nails it though. "If I wasn't so cute I would drive my mama crazy, I know she loves me but sometimes I can be a toot!..."

4 comments:

  1. First...I love this pic that looks like "who-me?" And Kiva has been in this mode of picking one thing on her plate and deciding she doesn't want to eat it and then launches it to the floor or at someone!...we are working on it...but wow, it makes meal times not so fun.

    And amen...I want you to be who YOU are fully with no doubts and self-doubt. I like you a lot and love you tons!

    And what a fun 4 year old day. She is SO beautiful! She really is. And thanks for your advice. I treasure and cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...just so you know, your not alone. our little shelby is quit vocal too. does not last long in a stroller or car seat for that fact. leaves no drawer unturned, no cabinet full...hates having her diaper changed...oh the drama....but oh so darn cute and lovable. she is a cutie, berry mess an all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad to know River isnt the only one! Reading that felt like you were writing about our afternoon here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man. haha!

    Rather than send you a 3 paragraph post comment, maybe I'll just call you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete