Thursday, March 31, 2011

it worked!

I tried a new class at Gold's today.

sidenote: Elliana calls it "Goldens" and Toby calls it "Gyms" Love it!

It was called BodyFlow and it was a mix of Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates and it was so great! My favorite class so far! But 3/4 of the way through, the girl in the child care came and got me because Asha was inconsolable. :( She seems to be cutting more teeth and just cried sporadically throughout the day. Poor girl went from 0 teeth then hit 10.5 months and 6 have popped through! I have found that she LOVES being outside, so we are going to spend as much time playing in the grass as possible. She still puts everything in her mouth so I have to watch her carefully.

Since our gym time was cut short we headed to HEB for a few groceries. I decided to wear Asha in the backpack instead of force her in the grocery cart. Putting her in it took a while and she was fussy. So while I was trying getting her situated I'm hearing, "Stop! Don't! Ouch! I'm telling Mommy! Waaa waaa He Said She Said" from the bigs. I was already feeling frustrated that I had to leave my class early, and Asha was crying and I just didn't have the patience for their preschool squabbles.

So, I bent down and looked them in the eyes, turned on my mommy voice and said, "That's enough." I then gave them a much too long speech for their short attention spans about how we treat our siblings, blah blah blah. And then told them how I wanted them to behave in HEB. And...IT WORKED! Don't you love when that happens?!

For the next HOUR I pushed the basket and they trailed behind me with their hands folded behind their backs. They didn't touch anything, they didn't mess with each other, they weren't in the other shoppers way... it was amazing! I was so proud that I kept looking around and hoping that I would see someone that I knew so I could show off how well they were behaving! ha! And I bought them a smoothie half way through the trip, so that helped too.

They are not terrors in HEB normally. But they twirl in circles and laugh and end up talking too loud. They play really well then bother each other really well. They want in the basket, then out of the basket. They start walking backwards while talking to me then end up right in someone else's way. They are just being kids in an adult place.

But today almost felt like I was shopping alone. Slow & quiet. (Except that Asha kept pulling my hair and fussing and throwing her pacifier!)

And don't worry, I gave the bigs a Hershey's dark chocolate kiss and bragged on them to David. They know how proud I am of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment