Lately when someone asks me how my weekend was I can't remember what we did. So I'm recording it here to help me remember. :)
Friday evening we made veggie burritos with sweet potatoes and refried anasazi beans and spinach. They turned out yummy! After dinner we took a little family walk behind our house to find some flowers. We found some beautiful white ones. I looked them up and I think they are gardenia flowers. Sometimes I think they smell good and other times they smell stinky to me, oh well!
Saturday morning we went to breakfast at the downtown Cafe Cappuccino. Yumo! Luckily David and I have cat-like reflexes because the waitress set everything down right in front of Asha! Big cups of water, hot refilled coffee mugs, & hot breakfast plates. This has happened before but never like this. She didn't just set them down briefly, she would set her whole tray on the table right by Asha and start talking to us and commenting about how cute the baby is! Meanwhile we are taking everything off the tray for her and quickly moving it all to the other side of table! Luckily, nothing was spilled!
After breakfast we went to the zoo for Aiden's 2nd birthday party, followed by pizza and cake at the Smith's house. Then home for rest time and David went to his soccer game. Later we had spaghetti for dinner, put the kids to bed and then David and I watched, "The Other Guys." lol!
Sunday morning the kids decided to wake everyone up early. We ate breakfast and were enjoying some family reading time when we realized that the time changed! So we hurriedly got ready and left for church. We recently started going to Day Spring and are loving it. After church we ate lunch and did some grocery shopping at the big HEB in Hewitt. Both girls fell asleep in the truck on the way home so we transferred them to their beds. Toby and David went to help plant tomatoes in the garden since their was a chance of rain today. I enjoyed some silence then before long Toby came back and the girls woke up. Toby and Ellie played "band" in the front yard with our neighbor girls and I made some soup and nachos for dinner.
It was a good weekend :)
PS: Anyone else looking forward to the Bachelor finale tonight?! I am really torn about who he is going to pick... I think he wants to pick Emily, but she may not be ready for marriage. So maybe he will pick Chantel? We'll find out tonight!!
Yes, pumped for The Bachelor finale! I cheated and read all the spoilers so I already know what happens, but they were wrong on Ali's season, so maybe they will be wrong again? I'm going to watch either way :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a Bachelor fanatic! I read some spoilers that said he was going to pick Chantel so I was surprised he picked Emily. But I like that decision the best!
ReplyDelete