Wednesday, April 13, 2011

birthday dinner

We celebrated our baby girl turning one with a Tex-Mex potluck dinner at the park. It was perfect weather. A bunch of friends joined us. We ate and drank and conversed. The big kids played on the playground. Asha was passed around, kissed, hugged, she got to swing and slide down the slide, and last but not least, she got to eat CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!

It was a great birthday party!















I love one year old birthday parties!  It is so fun to watch them eat cake for the first time.  Asha started off unsure, but then she finished every crumb of the chocolate cake!  Which, I have to say, was SO GOOD!  I found a recipe online for dark chocolate cake and made the cake and icing from scratch. Yumo! :)








I'm so thankful for this adorable, sweet, silly, curious, beautiful little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment