Friday, April 8, 2011

friends over

I love Toy Story 3. I would watch it without the kids around. And I cry every time that I see it.

***

I must have crossed some sort of mommy-hurdle because I'm volunteering to watch other children lately. And it's not stressful! We had my friends two boys, age 4 1/2 and almost 3, spend the night and the next day with us while she was in the hospital having her third child. We had so much fun. Really! Of course by the afternoon, I was exhausted though.

And today we are watching 4-year-old Hudson for the afternoon. He and Toby are wrestling in Toby's room and giggling. :)

***

Our friend Allan comes to the farm and volunteers once a week. He is one of our oldest Waco friends. He has now hugged, kissed, thrown in the air and babysat all three of our kids! We are so thankful for Allan! A few weeks ago he came up to our house to get some water and chat for a few minutes. I made some comment about how I was tired of doing the same thing over and over again. Meaning, washing the dishes, getting more dishes dirty, then having to wash them all over again. Cleaning up the house only to have the kids make a mess of it soon afterwards. He said something like, "well that sounds like life, Steph. I think you just have to look for God in all the everyday things."

This has been at the back of my mind since he said that. I don't have any profound revelations to share, just that I'm thinking about this. I'm thinking about embracing the cycles of life. I'm thinking about balance. About looking for God in my little life.


***

Asha's favorite place to be is on my hip.

2 comments:

  1. ohh allan! Tell him we said hello. love his simple profound words. And CANNOT Wait to hear about yalls big move! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me really miss Allan.

    Hey, we are coming to Waco next weekend (the 15th, to visit my grandfather) and would love to see you guys. Whatdya say?

    ReplyDelete