Friday, January 21, 2011

like mother, like son


I've noticed that Toby and I are alike in more ways than I had realized.

We got him some cowboy boots for Christmas. He put them on in the store and wore them the entire day. He was so excited! He has barely taken them off since then. I ordered some boots from shoebuy.com (thanks to a coupon from Cortney) for my Christmas present. The day that I got them in the mail, I immediately changed to an outfit that went with the boots. And I wore them all day!

Toby gets really upset when its time to leave his friends. If everyone is leaving he can usually handle it. But if we are leaving the Ed building to come home, or leaving a playdate earlier than our friends, he just loses it. Tears, mad, hurt. So we are working with him on not throwing a fit when its time to go. But I totally understand his feelings. I explained to him the other day that he is like me. We both have BIG feelings. We feel A LOT. We're both social and love being with our friends. So I'm trying to teach him how to handle his big feelings. How to be sad, but not lose control of himself and how to look past his current feelings to the truth. As in, he will be ok, he will see those friends again, he will enjoy whatever we are doing next, etc. :)

Neither one of use like to be bothered when we are watching the TV. ha! Especially movies. He gets upset if Asha starts babbling or Ellie starts talking b/c he is focusing on every word from the movie. I'm the same way! I don't want anyone to talk to me. I want to take it all in and not miss a single detail.



And in case you were impressed with all the homemade farm food we were eating, this is what we had for dinner the past couple of nights.
Tuesday: Little Ceasar's $5 pizza. oh yes.
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Thankfully I pulled it together and cooked a real meal. Wheat capellini pasta with peanut sauce, farm carrots, farm broccoli, farm mustard greens, onions and garlic. It turned out ok. I blindly followed a recipe. Now I know what to tweak. It just didn't have enough flavor.
**I'm trying to record how much farm food we eat. Not only does it save us money to eat the farm produce, it's fresh local organic produce that is so yummy and healthy. But I find myself looking up recipes then going to the grocery store and buying ingredients for that recipe which is not making use of the farm's produce. There is no CSA right now, so we have an abundance of veggies in the garden. So I'm trying to intentionally create dinner's around what we have here.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen this site? http://www.supercook.com/

    it's great--you can plug in your ingredients and it gives you recipes that you can cook with what you already have. Might be helpful for using up farm veggies!

    ReplyDelete