We met them for a very urban lunch at the Empire cafe near downtown Houston. This was the best picture that we got. Toby took it for us. And while we were smiling Asha got out of her high chair. Somehow she only came away with a tiny scratch, no bruising.
we look like blue jean models
Our next stop was spending New Year's with the Jones family.
Oh, yes.
Well David has been rockin' a sweet afro lately. He complains though, that it is is too poofy. (I wish I could complain that my hair was too poofy) So somehow Abby, Ashaun and I convinced him to let us put some frizz control hair product for curls in his hair.
Note: David doesn't fix his hair in the mornings, it just is what it is. And I love it. I fell in love with his curls the first night that I met him. He doesn't own or use a comb. He claims that you aren't supposed to brush or comb curly hair. Years ago, when getting ready to go somewhere fancy, like a wedding, he would take some gel and slick his wet hair back with the gel. I ended that as quickly as possible.
So this was a big deal. It was too funny to not take pictures of a bald, metrosexual man fixing farmer David's wild curls. In the end it turned out great! He had natural looking, tight curls that weren't poofy or frizzy! We forgot to get an after shot though. oops!
take a minute to really look at how awesome his hairstyle looks in this one...
Toby has another "brother-friend"
Ellie and Slime outside of a very delicious Mediterranean restaurant. Yum-O!
We visited the Houston zoo. We went on New Year's Day and the weather was beautiful so it was crazy crowded. I only took these stroller pictures because the rest of the time we were just trying to stay together and hopefully see a few animals. I want to go back another time so we can really look at all their animals. We didn't even play in the kids area.
We had a great time with you guys! Love you Jones'!
And our last friends to visit was the Lees! We forgot to take a quick picture. It was a short visit, but sweet like always.
I got to see Kiva walk. Enough said. Her and her belly are just so cute!!
I love how Jada, Toby and Ellie are so comfortable with one another.
We love the Lees!
Dave with the slick back hair is amazing. You should really think of sporting that look on a regular basis....
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness. I don't know how I haven't read your blog more recently, and I'm only just now seeing this. I LOVE that first photo. Full of 4 of our favourite people in the world! Hooray!
ReplyDelete