Monday, January 17, 2011

recent recipes

I often forget what we eat for dinner and I stand in front of the pantry surveying what we have then I plug it into allrecipes.com. So I'm going to try and write down our meals (when I remember) so that when I feel confused I can check our blog for ideas!

Sorry, no pictures this time.

Sunday night:
Farm salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumbers) with evoo and raspberry infused vinegar leftover from christmas presents
Short grain brown rice
Chicken legs and thighs from the chickens that we raised and butchered last year. I seasoned them with salt & pepper then poured a mixture of soy sauce, garlic powder, & butter on top and broiled them in the oven.
Farm Pumpkin Surprise for dessert. We took a giant farm pumpkin and roasted it in the oven for a few hours. It wasn't finished until dinner time so it was too late to bake it into bread that night. So I scraped the pumpkin flesh off the skin and mixed it with a little butter, milk, & cinnamon. I didnt love it, but the kids did!

Monday night: This meal was SO YUMMY! I'm definitely going to make it again!
Porkchops from the wild hog that our fun friends the Dunsmores passed on to us one crazy night.
ring ring ring, "hey, Shawn just shot a hog but we can't keep it, do you guys want it?"
I salted and peppered them, coated them in flour, then pan-seared them in some evoo in a cast iron skillet. Then cooked them in the oven for another 20 minutes.
Short grain brown rice
A raw carrot for the kids
Mustard greens
cooked with ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic, onion, chopped tomatoes, leftover pinto beans, a handful of jumbo raisins all sauted in a butter and olive oil mixture. A-MAZE-ING! I have devoloped a taste for spicy foods but just dont cook it often. This was very spicy and deep and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment