Monday, May 9, 2011

Good Times in Waco

This is the first of the "Good Times in Waco" series.  We told the kids a few days ago that we are moving.  It was similar to when we told them that Asha was a girl.  Elliana clapped her hands and was really excited!  Toby immediately got mad and grumpy.  After we talked about it awhile he came around and is looking forward to the adventure of moving but sad about leaving his friends.  Which is exactly how I feel!

We started taking pictures this weekend of our favorite things.  I'm going to make the kids a little scrap book about Waco.  

So to begin our series on, "Good Times in Waco" we ate at our whole family's favorite restaurant:





After Ellie got up on the horse she quickly decided she wanted to get down

 These little cars are on the front porch of the restaurant.  We played on them for a few minutes while they got our table ready.


 Papa Rollos was voted #1 kid friendly restaurant in the Wacoan (city magazine)



 and we totally agree!


 The old firetrucks in the front parking lot

coloring while we wait for our pizza


 Papa Rollos plays old movies like The Three Stooges, The Little Rascals and sometimes Tom & Jerry, which is the kids favorite.

 Asha munching on a cracker.  
Asha knows that sitting in a highchair = eating, so we have to constantly feed her during the meal.  We've learned that plums are good to bring with us.  It takes her just long enough to eat one so that we can finsh our food.


 
 Another reason that we love Papa Rollos is the secret doors!  It looks like you dead end into a brick wall...


 wait... 
maybe if you push it...

 it opens!



 "where do we go??'




 We order the same pizza every time we come.  The Giant with Pepperoni & Sausage.  YUM!


 We had a contest to see who could take a bite and stretch their cheese out the longest before it broke.  
David won, but mine was pretty good, yeah?
 Toby took this picture.  I would like to say that I was biting like that on purpose for the picture, but sadly that's not true.  I didn't know that I was in this one.  It was meant to be a picture of how long David's cheese bite was.  I didn't know that I looked so scary when I ate.  Yikes!


 Look at the size of that piece of pizza!  Almost the same size as her face!



 Our attempt at a family picture



 Even Asha likes the pizza!





No comments:

Post a Comment